Thursday, November 29, 2012

All I want for Christmas - Taxidermy


It seems like you cant open any design magazine these days without seeing some sort of taxidermy, antlers, or replica of both. Though it may seem a bit morbid to some, I'm completely hooked. (as you can see from the pictures) I love the woodsy natural feel you get when you accompany them with Christmas decor. pic #1 - I found these neat little copper wire lights from Restoration Hardware and wrapped them around a set of antlers that I already had... I think it might be my new favorite thing, and it couldn't be simpler. I made the garland from scratch using several types of eucalyptus leaves, branches, berries/nuts, and layered them with evergreen. You cant beat the aroma, and eucalyptus still looks good when it dries out. which is good, because its going to. I want to post some step-by-step photos and directions on how to make your own. I hope to have them posted soon.      

No comments:

Post a Comment